Wednesday 26 October 2011

beautiful babington




Last night my boyfriend and I spent the night at Babington House, Somerset for our anniversary. The long drive (three hours) was certainly worth it. Nestled in the rolling hills of Somerset this Georgian house was opened to the public in 1998. 

On arrival we were greeted by a high tea made up of scumptious scones and cakes (complimentary for all guest at the hotel).  After this, we made our way to the Cowshed Spa where we swam in their outdoor heated pool and later I indulged in a 60 minute facial. I fell asleep immediately and felt obliged to ask the lovely beautician if I had slept talked! (I frequently do!) Dinner followed in the main dining room and a stroll around the stunning grounds.

A really beautiful get-a-way, unpretentious and yet incredibly luxurious. My boyfriend found a really good deal online so might be worth checking out. A serious ten out of ten for me!

S-J

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, thanks for your lovely comment!
    xxx, Alena

    http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment!